Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A triumphant return?

I do not like my job. I enjoy my career of fixing computers and problem solving but working at a big company like Tableau is a nightmare. They do not care about making the department more efficient. They want a warm body, a cog, to make sure things get done.

The rules are constantly changing. Documentation is old and outdated and is of no priority to fix. My manager asked me, a new person to fix documentation as I go along but why are none of the senior members of the team being given the task of making sure documentation is up to par. I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I do not like my city.

Seattle sucks. The weather is not for me. If you enjoy grey overcast and rain this is the city for you. The people while open and accepting are cold and distance. The Seattle Freeze is real y'all.

I want to own a home but I'm conflicted. The idea of owning a MFD is great but I'd have to move all the way across the country for it. I don't know if Philadelphia is for me to live in but it is to acquire wealth. Gentrification HO!

I'm tired of renting. I want to own a home but all the options and avenues for owning a home are exhausting. I know the one thing I want to do is purchase something foreclosed/at auction to save money.  The idea of a getting a MFD to live in and have pay for itself is great. It seems like a big step. Especially with the whole moving across country thing.

Maybe its possible to own homes in a different region and have a property management company handle it. I've read that a lot of them only charge 10% (of rent?) so it seems like a great thing to be able to do.  You're responsible for financing and securing the home. They do all the other shit. WIN/WIN

I feel overwhelmed and underwhelmed by my job. I want to leave here throwing up as many middle fingers as possible but I'm trying to reach a goal to buy a home. I need liquid to throw up a down payment and who knows how much more I'm going to need after that once you consider, repairs, furniture, etc.

Why couldn't I just be born rich?

No comments: